So, Sunday, we went to church as normal. Part way through Sacrament Meeting, I took Kate out to change her diaper. While we were in the hall, Kate started making noises like she couldn't really breathe. It was almost like she couldn't quite catch her breath. She turned pale and kind of went limp against me. I went and got Josh. By the time he came out, she had fallen asleep and we couldn't really get her to wake up. So, we loaded her in her car seat and went straight to the Emergency Room.
Josh and I spent six hours with Kate in the ER. They did a bunch of tests and finally concluded that she had a mild form of pneumonia. They wanted to monitor her overnight, so we were admitted to the Pediatrics unit Sunday night.
Except for when she was being poked and prodded, which was a lot, Kate was her happy self in the hospital. She was smiling and talking with the nurses and doctors.
The hospital gave Kate a little hospital gown to sleep in. Just like the adult ones- they tied in the back and didn't really cover very much.
Here's the little I.V. they put in her ankle. She had a bunch of different things monitoring her throughout the night. The doctor came and checked on her Monday morning and said that she looked really good. We were able to bring her home Monday morning.
This definitely does not look like a sick baby. She is on some medicine and has a little cough, but she doesn't act sick. She has been her same happy self since being home! It was a really scary event, but we are just glad that Kate is alright. We love her and are so grateful that she is healthy!
Josh and I spent six hours with Kate in the ER. They did a bunch of tests and finally concluded that she had a mild form of pneumonia. They wanted to monitor her overnight, so we were admitted to the Pediatrics unit Sunday night.
Except for when she was being poked and prodded, which was a lot, Kate was her happy self in the hospital. She was smiling and talking with the nurses and doctors.
The hospital gave Kate a little hospital gown to sleep in. Just like the adult ones- they tied in the back and didn't really cover very much.
Here's the little I.V. they put in her ankle. She had a bunch of different things monitoring her throughout the night. The doctor came and checked on her Monday morning and said that she looked really good. We were able to bring her home Monday morning.
6 comments:
Hey Melissa, it's Lauren Sanders- Beatty. I was blog hopping and I came across yours. Your little girl is so adorable, I hope she is doing a lot better. Wow! We have come a long way from girls camp with Issa (Clarissa). Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!
L
I hope you dont call me crazy....but I was blog hopping and found your blog. I knew Josh from freshman year at BYU...it is great to see an update on you guys! your family is soooo cute! Congrats on such a beautiful baby girl!
Wow... josh that is too scary! Anyway, I have not talked to you FOREVER and learned from your site off Brittany's blog. I would love to talk to you. You can check out my family blog at web.mac.com/jilltski or email me at jilltski@mac.com
~Jill
Josh, I just found your families blog and it is super cute. What a cute little girl. I'm sorry you had to be in the ER, that is so scary. We've had to do that a time or two and it is not fun at all. Your family is adorable, I hope all is well!
Melissa!
I found your blog on Shannon's! Your family looks so cute! I hope you guys are doing awesome...it was so fun to see pictures! Our family's blog is www.thecurielfamily.blogspot.com
Jill Cooper Curiel
I'm so glad that Kate is alright, hope she'd been healthy since then. I love this blogging thing; seeing everyones pictures. Your little girl is so cute and I love the pregnant pictures too! (Mine are on our blog too.) Take care!
Post a Comment