Thursday, August 6, 2009

Big Girl!

I feel like every day I look at Kate and think, "Oh my gosh, she's getting so big!"  Our little girl is not so little anymore!  A few weeks ago, we finally decided to get Kate a big girl bed.  She has refused to sleep in her crib for awhile, so we thought this would be an easy transition.  We bought the bed and talked about how exciting it is and how much we love it.  Kate caught on to our enthusiasm!  She loves her bed.  

Look how excited she is!!

Things went well the first few weeks.  The past few nights have been a little harder.  Sometimes, Josh and I will wake up and Kate will be climbing into our bed or sometimes she is already asleep in between us!  We take her back to her bed and help her get back to sleep in there.  We are still working on the whole staying in her own bed all night.  Hopefully she gets it soon- Josh and I are exhausted!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate's room is sooo cute! Where did you get her bedding? I LOVE it:) It took Landon about a week until he stayed in his bed constantly.

Kate said...

wow, she is a big girl! i've heard the transition is tough for a lot of kids. maybe put a baby gate up at her doorway? or if it gets really bad, switch the knobs out and lock her in! okay, just kidding, but i seriously know some people who had to do it with their kids. it obviously works! lol.

Sha nay nay said...

I'm going to sound like a horrible mother, but I found those doorknob covers and used them on Anna's bedroom doors so she wouldn't leave the room anymore. Once she got her big girl bed she was great for a few weeks as well, but then slept on the floor for about a month and would have SCREAMING fits at 3 am for about an hour or so. She would try to sleep on the couch with me. That wasn't happening, b/c she gets into a pattern and won't get out, but she's back to her bed again and loves it even more now that she shares her room!

Good luck!

J & J said...

congrats on the baby girl that's coming along! i didn't even realize you were pregnant again--- very exciting. seriously, i'm so happy for you. sisters are the best.

Nessa Burt said...

That's so fun!! I can't believe she is almost 2. Time flies by way too fast!!!

The Gillmans! said...

Hi Josh and Melissa! It's your cousin, Nicole. I found your blog through Kristin's I was so excited to find more family.
It's so exciting that you're having another girl.
I hope it's ok to link to your blog. You can check out mine, nothing exciting but it's all fun for us. :)

Kristine said...

She is such a cutie! I can't believe how fast time flies!! I remember when you were still PREGO!!! WOW, that's been so long ago! Fun times!!