Thursday, June 19, 2008

Father's Day Weekend


We actually celebrated Father's Day last Friday.  Josh had to go to school in the morning, but we were able to relax and have fun the rest of the day.  Kate is so lucky to have such a great Daddy!


For those of you who know Josh, you know he loves golf.  I decided to try and make him a golf cake for Father's Day.  It turned out pretty good- it had a flag, golf club, balls, and even a sand pit.  


Kate and Mommy. 


On Saturday, we went to the Bee's Baseball game with my parents, youngest brother, and two cousins who are visiting from Oregon.  We had so much fun!  Kate tried on Grammy's sunglasses and looked great!


These are the boys: my cousins Dion, Quade, and my brother, Spencer.


Grammy, Poppy, and Kate.  


Our little family enjoying the game.


Yesterday, Kate and I decided to go and visit Josh while he was studying for finals.  This is before we left- you can really see Kate's three bottom teeth in this picture!

Kate loves going on walks- she just looks at everything and everyone we pass.

10 comments:

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

Im so imprssed with that cake! My husband saw it and was pretty jealous. He loves golf too. His birthday is in September so I may have to get a few tips from you!

The Carey Family said...

If you want to get Kate some golf clubs check out a Tuesday Mornings store. I found some for Anna for $5!! They're plastic and so cute! She and John had fun playing with them today, well, she played with the flags while John putted. :) Kate is so stinkin' cute!

The Magic Family said...

Cute cake, cute family, cute girl! I love how fun you guys are! I miss you and hope to see you soon!

Kristine said...

Kate is growing so much!I just love it. She is so adorable. Love the clothes. Looks like the baseball game was fun. We've been wanting to go, but haven't made it yet. Maybe sometime this summer we'll make it to a game. And way to go on the cake. I'm very impressed. I once did a football field for Chris. It takes a lot of time to be creative. I love it. Good Job! Looks like you guys are doing great. When do you leave? Are you so excited to move? A new place is always fun! :)

Bingham Fam said...

Oh my gosh Melissa look at that cake. I never knew you were so talented. The pictures of Kate are dang cute too. She is always smiling. I wish I could get Brody to smile like that in his pictures. Anyways, your blog is so cute! Just wanted to let you know.

Kate said...

hey melissa!!! i came across your blog from someone else's, and it is so fun to see pictures of your adorable little girl! i had forgotten you'd been pregnant! my niece, chaela, who you student taught (how random is that?) told me, but i never got to see it! i'm so glad to hear that things are going so well! we've got a private blog that i'd love to invite you to... feel free to email me! it's babydollkate22@hotmail.com

Nicole S said...

Melissa, I'm so happy I found your blog. Your family looks great! Trent and I also almost went to the Bee's game that same Saturday to celebrate. If little Kate likes the outdoors, we can bring some blankets and sit on the bern in the outfield sometime! Hope all is well!

ingredientchallenge said...

Josh,
Monica here.....haven't talked to you in a while - but just found your blog (and Jeremy's). It looks like you're doing great - what a cute little girl!!!

:)
Monica
www.cherryredmustang.blogspot.com

TC, Ashley said...

Kate is so dang cute! We will miss you guys! Have fun in Arizona.

Marcus Lane said...

YES! We found your blog, now we can stalk you in Arizona, ha ha! We will miss you guys!