Monday, March 30, 2009

Hair and Nails

Things are busy as usual at the Skinner house.  We have had really nice weather lately and have spent a ton of time outside.  It cooled off a little last week so we were in the mid/high 70's.  This week it's back up to the mid 80's.  I know I live in Arizona, but I'm still getting used to the weather!
The other day, I managed to get Kate's hair into two french braids.  I had to bribe her with some things she never gets to play with in order to sit still, but it turned out pretty good!

After I was finished, I sprayed it really well with hairspray and luckily it stayed in all day so that Josh could see it that afternoon!

I just love this picture- she was helping me cook at the counter.

Josh decided to paint Kate's toenails- she loved it!  Afterwards, she kept pointing to her toes and showing us how pretty they looked!

"Oh, dad, you missed a spot!"
As you can see, things are going great here.  We are busy and grateful for where we are!

6 comments:

Brian and Janette said...

WOW! Way to go Josh! Those pictures are absolutely precious. We really need to get together and we'd love to see your new house. Glad things are going great for your family.

Kate said...

Your little Kate has the sweetest smile ever! Those pictures are great! Nice job on the braids and on keeping them in, and I'm impressed that your hubby painted Kate's toenails for her! :)

Jill May said...

I LOVE french braids on little girls! Very cute!

Bingham Fam said...

I love all the pictures!!! She is beautiful and you all look so happy. We are moving to Mesa for the summer and living with Josh's fam while he works on a research team there. We should get together when I am there.

Anonymous said...

Kate is adorable! Sorry i didnt get to say bye today at the playgroup. it was really good to see you and i'm so glad that you guys are in AZ. Can't wait for more playdates to come! I sent you an invite to our blog thru your email!

Kris and Megan said...

Melissa I hope this isn't totally creepy, but I saw your blog on Kate Bailey's blog and thought I'd see whatever happened to you! Hope you remember who I am, otherwise that would be even more awkward huh?! :) Anyway, wow your little girl is SO cute, she looks just like you!!! Seems like you just announced you were pregnant in the cohort! Hope you are happy and doing well. Is it okay if I add you to my list? I have a blog too if you want an invite. megwright85@yahoo.com Take care!! PS I'm going to pass on your blog to Emily Muir- She and I hung out last night and were talking about you, and she was wondering what happened with you.