Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Our Sweet Lucy Elizabeth!

It's a little over due, but I am finally updating! Rewind three weeks ago and I was in labor- crazy. I started having contractions on that Monday after my doctor's appointment. I had contractions all day and night. Tuesday morning, they were getting closer together, so Josh stayed home from work. There were a few times that we thought it was time to head to the hospital, but then I wouldn't have another contraction for 20 minutes. Starting about 9 pm, I started having contractions regularly and was getting more and more uncomfortable. We headed to the hospital at about 10:30 and I was admitted soon after. Thankfully, I got an epidural by midnight and then life was so much better! :) At 5:50 Wednesday morning, I started pushing and Lucy made her grand debut at 6:06! She weighed 7 lbs 8 oz and was 19 inches long. We were surprised at how much dark hair she had! We were blessed because everything went so well!





Watching Josh hold Lucy for the first time is one of my favorite moments from that day. (I felt the same way when Kate was born.) You can just see how much he loves them already!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Oh, she is so beautiful! Congratulations!!

Brian and Janette said...

She is VERY sweet. So glad things went so well.

Nessa Burt said...

She is darling!! I'm so happy for you guys!! How are you holding up with 2? Have any advice? :)

Kate said...

I'm glad it all went so smoothly!!! And yes, I loved watching Adam hold Hannah for the first time. It is soo sweet. You're making me all teary eyed and considering having a second kid!!! :)