Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Recent Happenings Around the Skinner Abode

Sundays, we have church at 8 a.m.  Since it is so early, we can actually take an afternoon nap.  We decided to bring blankets and all sleep in the family room together.  Kate was out and slept really well with us.

Ok, we all slept really well!

Earlier in the week, Kate fell asleep like this on the couch- half on and half off!  She slept for so long, and it was getting late, so I tried to wake her up. 
 
I sat her up on the couch, look over, and she had gone right back to sleep!  These were too cute that I just had to share!

Recently, Kate hasn't really wanted to eat.  We have tried all sorts of things.  The other night, Josh had a great idea!  He gave Kate a little bit of ice-cream and then some baby food!  She actually ate quite a bit that way!

She was a mess afterwards, but so happy!

I try and get ready while Kate is taking her morning nap, but sometimes that doesn't work.  Whenever she is in the bathroom while I am getting ready, she gets into all the cupboards and drawers.  This morning, I look over and this is what she was up to!  

Next, she decided to crawl into the cabinet underneath the sink!
She sure keeps us hopping!

9 comments:

Jake, Camille, Kennedy & Jacob said...

Awwwww! How cute! Kennedy was exactly the same way and kind of still is! I can't believe how big Kate is getting!

Sha nay nay said...

your apartment looks a lot like ours, well, the bathroom cupboards anyway. How's hot AZ? you guys look great!

The Skinners said...

She is so adorable. She is so fun! I keep waiting for a post that she is walking. She was so close while we were there. It must be anyday now! Can't wait to hear about it!

love you guys.

The Magic Family said...

Don't you love when your kids get into tampons! Hallie would open each individual one if I let her! Kate is so cute and such a sweetheart! I would love it if Hallie would nap with me, but she doesn't sleep unless she is in her own bed!

Esther Noelle said...

When is she not smiling? oh boy she is just soooo adorable!

pomai♥stephen said...

She's so cute! She takes great pics, what a ham!
Thats so funny that she gets into everything! I always go into our room and find tampons, bandaids, hairspray, and so much more all over the floor. Caisen has recently discovered thats there is water in the toilet and LOVES to get into it also. He also loves to get into the pots and pans. I don't even know why I have toys for him when he loves everything else we already have.
Anyway, I just finished the Twilight Saga and loved it. Stephanie Meyer did really well on putting closure to the series. I was happy with it. Can't wait for the movie now. I begged Stephen to read Twilight too so that we can see it together when were in Hawaii.
Anyway, I love your pics of Kate! She's a doll!
Pomai

Nicole S said...

Melissa, Kate looks absolutely adorable! And so much fun. I'm so glad you took all those pictures of her sleeping on the couch and in your cupboards. How cute!

Jenny Lynn said...

Okay, those are the cutest pictures ever- especially of you and your sweet girl sleeping together!

Kristine said...

Kate is getting so big. Don't you love how all the sudden they get into everything. And Jayden's most favorite spot is under our kitchen sink. She is adorable though. Hope you guys are loving arizona. And how do you like 8am church. I honestly don't think we would ever make it on time.