Friday, August 1, 2008

The Last Three Weeks

Well, we are all settled in to our apartment, although we haven't spent tons of time here.  The first week and 1/2 we were here, we had a really fun Skinner Family Reunion with all of Josh's siblings, spouses, and kids.  We didn't have our camera, but hopefully will be able to post some pictures after we get copies from everyone else.  It was so fun to be with everyone and meet our newest niece, Avery, who was two weeks old when we got to meet her. 
After that, I went back home to Utah.  It was originally only for Cater's farewell and reporting to the MTC, but my great-grandma recently passed away, so I was able to make it for the funeral.  She was such a sweet and caring woman.  I know she's so happy now because she is with great-grandpa.
This is us last summer when we went to visit her in St. George.

A big surprise even for me, was that Josh was able to come up for the farewell!  Carter did a great job and he will be such a great missionary.  Unfortunately, Josh had to head home Sunday night so that he could start work on Monday.  He seems to like work  and is excited to get more into things.  I am so grateful for how hard he works and that I am able to stay home with Kate.  

We had a fun week with Carter and taking him to the MTC wasn't as hard as we all thought it was going to be.  The hardest thing was watching him and Devon say goodbye because they won't see each other for four years- because Devon will leave for his mission shortly before Carter gets home.  Our last sight of him was passing through the Missionaries Only door and giving us thumbs up.  We are so excited for him- he will be great.

Carter and Kate- for those of you who know a little about Kate- she is a little weary of men, but she actually started warming up to Carter Wednesday morning before he left!

The three boys!

Getting ready to leave for the MTC

It was a long day, luckily Kate had her doggie to help her sleep on the way home.

Kate was so happy to see her daddy!  She missed him and just wanted to play all night with him when we got home.  She showed him some of her new tricks- like walking on her knees, taking one or two steps and then falling, and biting!  


Our next trip is next week- we are headed out to Georgia for my older brother's wedding.  We will update soon!

7 comments:

Kristine said...

Yeah, glad you got all moved in. Sounds like you've had lots of traveling going on though. I sure hope Kate is a good traveler (by the pictures she looks like she enjoys it) She's growing up so much. She's such a cutie. Have fun at your brother's wedding in Georgia!!

The Skinners said...

Kate is as cute as ever! and we miss you guys so much! I wish that I could post about our trip but our computer crashed but hopefully soon! Loved the update. Do it more often so we feel involved. Love you all.

Hannah

Kate said...

i love your little girl's big smile! she is such a cutie!

Laura Earl said...

We really had fun with you guys the other night too! Kate is adorable! We will give you guys a call next time we are in town :)

pomai♥stephen said...

Have you gone to Stephanie Meyer's website. She has her 5th book coming out...hopefully soon and it is of Edwards perspective of Twilight. She has an unofficial and unedited first chapter on her site because so many fans were hounding her about it. I can't wait till the movie comes out...and I really hope that I'm not disappointed.

Your mom is so kind. She was there with Sister Cogbill, I think?

Anyway, I heard the last book is the great. I'm addicted!

We'll definitely have to discuss once I'm done:)

Our Family said...

I am so glad you guys moved here and that we got to see you last night!! Kate & Lily were having so much fun together. We definitely need to get together soon so they can play more. Even my husband said last night, "I think I would get along real well with Josh." I assured him he was right. You guys are awesome. Let us know when could get together sometime. We would love to have you over for dinner, and hopefully by then you will be done with Breaking Dawn and we can discuss. :D

ajbourne said...

it was totally fun to meet and see you both!! we would love to do something with you guys, we had so much fun. Kate is the kutest.